Lewis Kesterton – pianoJ S Bach
French Suite in G Major
1. Von fremden Ländern und Menschen (Of foreign lands and peoples)
2. Kuriose Geschichte (A curious story)
3. Hasche-Mann (Blind man’s buff)
4. Bittendes Kind (Pleading child)
5. Glückes genug (Happy enough)
6. Wichtige Begebenheit (An important event)
7. Träumerei (Dreaming)
8. Am Kamin (At the fireside)
9. Ritter Vom Steckenpferd (Knight of the hobbyhorse)
10. Fast Zu Ernst (Almost too serious)
11. Fürchtenmachen (Frightening)
12. Kind im Einschlummern (Child falling asleep)
13. Der Dichter Spricht (The poet speaks)
Lewis Kesterton is a classical pianist, teacher, and writer. He commenced his formal studies in 2015 at the Royal Birmingham Conservatoire under the guidance of Mark Bebbington and Katharine Lam. Since then, he has studied at Trinity Laban Conservatoire under the tutelage of Penelope Roskell, at the Royal College of Music with Mengyang Pan and City, University of London with Laura Roberts. In 2019, he was selected as the recipient of the John Ireland Trust Piano Prize, as well as being awarded second prize in the London College of Music’s Mona Blackman Competition. Lewis frequently performs around the country as a soloist, chamber musician and accompanist and is in high demand as a teacher.
Lewis embarked upon his career as a teacher in 2016. He has since developed his own unique and highly effective pedagogical techniques and has studied music education extensively. He has taught in private music schools across the country, worked for music services, and runs a thriving private teaching practice focusing on adult learners and advanced young pianists in his studio in West London. Over the years he has delivered numerous masterclasses and facilitated discussion groups for teachers, and in 2021, he joined the piano teaching faculty of Morley College, London. Lewis has a particular interest in working with students overcoming injuries and has a passion for helping nurture innovative 21st century musicians. He frequently writes for Pianist Magazine and other online music education journals.
STAY UP TO DATE
WITH NEWS FROM ST BRIDE’S
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive alerts for
events and advance information about seasonal services.
We protect your data and never overwhelm your inbox.SUBSCRIBE