- I was glad – C H Parry
- Laudate Dominum – W A Mozart (Soloist: Emma Brain-Gabbott)
- Easter Hymn from Cavalleria rusticana – P Mascagni (Soloist: Claire Seaton)
- If ye love me – T Tallis
- Panis angelicus – arr. A Gant (Soloist: Matthew Long)
- Beati quorum via – C V Stanford
- Sacred Love – G Sviridov (Soloist: Claire Seaton)
- The Lord bless you and keep you – J Rutter
- And I saw a new heaven – Bainton
- Flower Duet from Lakmé – L Delibes (Soloists: Nina Bennet & Rachel Chapman)
- Brindisi from La Traviata – G Verdi (Soloists: Peter Davoren & Claire Seaton)
- O Danny Boy – arr. Chilcott
- They can’t take that away from me – G & G I Gershwin (Soloist: Philip Tebb)
- Some enchanted evening from South Pacific – Rodgers & Hammerstein arr. Morley (Soloist: Neil Bellingham)
- I say a little prayer – Bacharach & David arr. Morley (Soloist: Emma Brain-Gabbott)
- True love from High Society – C Porter arr. Jones
- The Parting Glass – Irish trad. arr. Gant (Soloist: Thomas Herford)
The St Bride’s Essential Collection Volume I is the second CD to be issued under our St Bride’s Live label. We record all our services at St Bride’s, and where possible some of these are made available on our website stbrides.com as a free ‘listen again’ option; we are proud to be one of the few London churches to offer this feature.
We have built up a wonderful archive of choral singing and our St Bride’s Live label allows us to gather some of these very special musical moments from our liturgy. Drawn from the many wedding and memorial services that we host throughout the year, the choice of tracks demonstrates the breadth of the repertoire our choir performs – from the great choral classics such as Parry’s ‘I was glad’ to our own arrangements of popular numbers such as Gershwin’s ‘They can’t take that away from me,’ via the operatic classics of Verdi, Delibes and Mascagni.
As the label says, it’s LIVE so there are occasional ‘noises off’ – all the things that happen outside the bubble of the recording studio – but we hope that what comes through is the wonderful music that our professional choir provides for our liturgy: communicating the authentic live spirit of our worship at St Bride’s.
Canon Alison Joyce, Rector of St Bride’s Church
VIEW AND LISTEN TO OTHER RECORDINGS
STAY UP TO DATE
WITH NEWS FROM ST BRIDE’S
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive alerts for
events and advance information about seasonal services.
We protect your data and never overwhelm your inbox.SUBSCRIBE